Search This Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hartzell

..."Our first school on the Queets was at the Hartzell place in their log cabin. Mrs. Hartzell taught two three-month terms. She was also our Sunday School teacher."...

..."The first one was Mrs. Laura Hartzell, who conducted classes in her home."...

William S. Hartzell b.1860~ Pa. d.4/1/1933 Seattle
buried:Thurston Co. Cemetery Masonic Memorial Park


Laura E. Hartzell b.1850~ Pa.
1892 Grays Harbor
1897 Tacoma Wm S. Hartzell clk D Jacob and co. r 1311 1/2 Tacoma av
1899 Tacoma  Wm S. Hartzell res 1524 South G Tacoma
1910 Tacoma Wm S. Hartzell merchant dry goods lodger Charles Parker
1917 Seattle Wm S (Laura E) salsmn 815 N 39th Seattle
1927 Seattle Wm S (Laura E) salsmn 815 N 39th Seattle




if anyone has information as to if the below information is related to the Queets Hartzell family, please contact me here. Thank You, Craig

1890 Tacoma W H Algier; W S Hartzell; S F Stenner 915 Tacoma avenue
confectioners business name Algier, Hartzell & Co


1929 Seattle  S F Stenner, Annie V, candymkr with daughters Virginia F., and Hazel M.
@ 1103 E 55th Seattle

Sinclair Francis Stenner aka Frank!!! baker in 1932

1 comment:

  1. I found this site by accident. I moved to Queets in 1972 and worked in shake mills on the coast for several years. Just for fun I googled Queets because it has held a warm place in my heart all these years. Imagine my surprise when I learned that the first school was at the Hartzell place. I myself am a Hartzell. It is a small world.

    ReplyDelete