Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

McKinnons

Husband and wife

Neil A. McKinnon b.abt 1857 Canada Farmer
Carrie R. McKinnon b. Apr 1861 Wisconsin Housekeeper
married in 1884

Carrie was the first postmaster of the village of Queets in 1892
Neil and Carrie later had a store in their home.
The post office, then located in a general store,
served the native Americans on the reservation as well as the white settlers.
Carries parents are from Vermont
..."Mrs. McKinnon was not a rugged pioneer. She owned a poodle dog named "Tippy Toodles". One day Mrs. McKinnon came to see mother at the same time that Mrs. Donaldson came with her big shepherd dog. When Mrs. McKinnon left, both Mama and Mrs. Donaldson walked across the clearing with her. At the edge of the woods the shepherd dog bit or somehow hurt the little poodle slightly. When he let out a yelp, Mrs. McKinnon cried, "Oh, my poor Tippy Toodels" and was on the verge of tears"...

below is what I believe to be my subject Neil as the unnamed McKinnon on line # 5262
and I believe line #5256 is related to him, either a brother or sister.
All the dates and ages and localities line up nearly flawlessly.
I've done close to 2,000 people thus far, and I feel extremely confident that this is our man.
Or speaking in a percentile,...99.99% accurate.


if anyone has more information on this couple, I'd really like to hear from you.
shoot me a comment below, it would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment